Last year the Santa Cruz 4 Wheel Drive Club's annual "Last One Standing" 4x4 challenge resulted in a donation to the Cal 4 Wheel Legal Fund for preserving access to OHV recreation opportunities!
For the 2019 LOS, the club is planning to donate a large percentage of proceeds to offroad advocacy.
After the competition, there will be a raffle with great prizes donated by some of the leading names in the Offroad Aftermarket industry!
What is "LOS" anyway?
The Last One Standing Challenge is a fun family event that allows drivers of stock and modified 4x4 vehicles to earn points for driving style and skills in several challenging off-road courses. The event is open to club members and guests up to a maximum of (25) contestants.
We have 2 competition classes: Sportsman and Unlimited.
- Sportsman is defined as: A stock or somewhat modified vehicle which still uses the standard body, stock or modified suspension, tires not exceeding 37" diameter.
- Unlimited class is defined as: A vehicle which may be based on a stock body or custom tube chassis, stock or highly modified suspension, and/or tires exceeding 37" diameter.
- All vehicles will be reviewed and assigned to a class by the LOS Registration team member.
- A vehicle can be assigned to a different class if requested by the driver and approved by the LOS registration team member. (ie: Sportsman upgrade to Unlimited, not vice-versa)
- All participants must adhere to the LOS Rules and operate their vehicles in a safe manner.
- Entry Fee: $30 per vehicle --- FREE for Spectators!! (Does not include SVRA fee)
The LOS event is organized into 5 separate scored events using the Hollister Hills SVRA man-made obstacle course. Each obstacle is judged for skill and style points and then all 5 runs are added together. A winner in each class with the highest score will be awarded.
- Stair steps and rock wash – a steep man-made section covered by cement and rocks to simulate a sheer granite wall, followed by traversing a narrow and rocky creek bed.
- Blind driver’s challenge – the driver is blind-folded and is directed by the passenger through the tire & mud pit and after making a u-turn, must go back again to the start.
- The frame twister – a section with un-even ledges, drops and several large logs.
- The Tire Hill – a pile of large tires which the driver must cross over the top and down to the other side.
- The Pipe playground – a section where large concrete pipes and rocks that the driver must navigate through and back again within the course boundary.
There will be 1 winner determined for each class, and will be awarded custom-made trophies created by SC4WDC organizers. The award in each class will go to the participant with the highest combined score for all events.
The Santa Cruz 4 Wheel Drive Club is a group of dedicated 4 Wheelers and their families located in the Central California Coastal region of the Monterey Bay. We enjoy all types of off-road adventures from the high desert roads to "the rocks" of the Rubicon trail and wintertime wheeling on snowbound trails. We promote safety and preservation of our natural environment on all club activities.
This year we will have new courses, new trophies and new raffle prizes - and the event normally fills up fast, so if you're interested in participating please Register Here or if you would like to donate to the raffle please email our officers
||Hollister Hills SVRA @ Lower obstacle course
||$30.00 per vehicle - FREE for Spectators! (SVRA ENTRY FEE REQIRED)
|TYPE AND DIFFICULTY OF TERRAIN:
||Challenging offroad courses and man-made obstacles
||REGISTRATION 9:00 AM / EVENT START: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM / RAFFLE: Immediately Afterward
||Trophys will be awarded for the top winner in each class.
Raffle tickets will be sold and winners announced on site!
MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN!
The following SAFETY rules will be enforced for each run, and there will be NO refunds issued to vehicles turned away for not meeting the safety requirements or breaking the rules.
- ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL USE will be allowed by any participant, club member or spectators during the event! (This is Cal4Wheel requirement for Insurance and HHSVRA Requirement for use permit) This includes the entire obstacle course while we have use of it.
- Children are the responsibility of their parents - please keep track of your kids!
- Pets are not allowed in the competition area.
- AT NO TIME will a driver jeopardize the safety of event staff or onlookers while operating their vehicle in an unsafe manner.
- Any infraction that jeopardizes the safety of staff or onlookers will be grounds for immediate expulsion from the event.
- Vehicles that become disabled on the course will be towed off by LOS tow-vehicle.
- First aid kit and fire extinguisher will be available at each course by LOS staff.
All vehicles must have:
- A roll bar or factory installed hard top.
- Seat belts for all vehicle occupants.
- Emergency brake, parking brake, line-lock or other redundant braking system.
- Functioning and visible brake lights.
- Antennas must be rigid or restrained in a manner to prevent injuries.
- Adequate attachment points front and rear, i.e. tow hooks, receiver, etc. (Tow balls are not permitted)
- Battery hold downs (no bungie cords).
- We will have 2 separate classes: Sportsman and Unlimited.
- There will be 1 award winner for each class. (2 trophies total)
- We will award trophies for 1st place finishers only.
- The LOS committee will set the courses and time the participants at each obstacle.